Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Serial number for my Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S

I'm trying to register my phone and all the variations of the serial numbers on the back of my phone will not work. Samsung even has help with this but their example of where the serial number is does not match mine. Help??!!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Same problem here. Anyone???

I has the same problem too. I called the phone number listed underneath the battery: 1-888-987-4357 and they will give you the number.

Try *#06# from your dialer. The "serial number" for a phone is typically its IMEI.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Try *#06# from your dialer. The "serial number" for a phone is typically its IMEI.
    Tried that. Still says invalid and won't let register. Having the same issue

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

So I emailed customer support. I got a response within 2 hours explaining how to register the phone. Nothing new. Must have thought I was an ***** and just needed it spelled out. But I tried again anyways. And you can't reply to the email. And at the bottom of page it has one of those if your problem was not solved click here links, "site does not exist".

Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jfhj2 View Post
    And at the bottom of page it has one of those if your problem was not solved click here links, "site does not exist".
    I think in laymens terms, that's a "Too bad, try Android Central sucker"

Anyway, you may just have to go into a Verizon.

Smile Product Registration Serial Number Solved

I was having the same trouble, tried the steps in this forum to no avail. Then I went into the setting on my phone, looked under status and found a list of information regarding Battery status, Phone Number, PRL version number, ...etc. In that list was the MEID which had the Dec number that matched my serial number under my battery. Dec stands for Decimal, and right under that was the HEX value. Using that number(the HEX number or value) I was able to register my phone. When using hex numbers the '0x' portion is like a dollar sign to money, you do not enter it. So try and enter the digits after the 0x and you should see a message appear under the text box that gives the manufacture date of the phone. If you see that then it should submit just fine. I hope this helps!

Tried using the HEX number under the info on the phone!! It WORKED! THANKS

Cool Re: Serial number for my Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S

OMG TYVM!!! Yay it finally worked!

- - - Updated - - -

OMG TYVM!!! Yay it finally worked!

Default Re: Serial number for my Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S

I tried the DEC# and the HEX#. they are both stating invalid. Still getting the firmware upgrade issue statement.

Global Posts
    22,129 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Serial number for my Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S

Remember that hex digits are 0-9 and A-F. There's no "I" (the letter) and no "O" (the leter). I is one (the digit) and O is zero (the digit).