is there a work around....

55xtrail55

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have dropped my galaxy s4 and smashed the screen and glass, the phone still turns on, and connects to wifi I believe, but obviously the touch screen isn't working. When I connect it to my laptop, I see the phone icon appear, but when i double click it, it says this folder is empty...if I right click it and select import it says no photos or videos found. I thought about connecting it to my TV, but I have the swipe screen pattern security enabled, so figure this would be futile. I have all my photos backed up to dropbox, but i didn't sign my phone into Samsung link, so I can't retrieve stuff that way...what I really need are my contacts...any suggestions?

Thx

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Unfortunately, you won't be able to access any folders or files if your phone has a PIN setup. There might be a workaround if you're rooted, but I'm guessing you aren't. Did you not have your contacts synced with Google Plus either?

55xtrail55

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC :)
Unfortunately, you won't be able to access any folders or files if your phone has a PIN setup. There might be a workaround if you're rooted, but I'm guessing you aren't. Did you not have your contacts synced with Google Plus either?

I don't think so, but might have done, how would I tell? where would I look please?

55xtrail55

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
It seems that within samsung link I can unlock the screen, does this mean I could connect the phone to my tv? I have just unlocked the screen, and my pc is now finding all the photos on it, but that doesn't help me get my numbers lol

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you had a Gmail account linked to your phone (which you need for the play store) your contacts should be saved to your Google account. Log in to your Google account at contacts.google.com and you should be able to get your contacts back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta