So basically, I have a person who wants to get their HTC phone unlocked. I didn't get the model name of the device so I just thought I'd look up the IMEI on a IMEI look up site, as they typically tell you which device and model it is. Well, I punched in the IMEI and it came up as an LG C1150. Is it the websites or is the IMEI actually attached to another device that could or could not be floating around the world, rendering it unlockable via IMEI?
- 08-13-2014, 02:13 PM #2
Re: IMEI Problem
The IMEI is manufacturer-specific. There's no way an HTC IMEI can end up on an LG phone or vice versa. What CAN happen, though, is that the IMEI of the phone can be changed. There can be a legitimate reason for that or a lot of illegitimate reasons. Check the IMEI reported by the phone itself with the one on the label. If they don't match, someone changed the one in the phone.
In either case (they match or they don't), if it were my phone I'd bring it back to the carrier (it's ultimately their phone, no matter who sold it) and ask for an explanation.
- By Creed1989 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 17Last Post: 12-12-2014, 05:08 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-13-2014, 12:39 PM
- By Anselm Lee in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
- By Unregistered in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM
- By Silverio Calisi in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-13-2014, 02:24 AM