Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos disappeared

Galaxy S2, still running good as new. Never had to do a reset...crossin the fingies. Hundreds of photos just up and disappeared. There still are about 50 or so left. I have not idea what happened. Trying to get a clue.

Default Re: Photos disappeared

Did they disappear from your SD Card, internal memory, Cloud service? If you try to browse the folder where they were through the File Manager, can you see them? If so, then some setting in the Gallery is hiding them.

If it's an SD Card, I'd try to read it on a computer and see if they appear there.

Another couple of options: The pictures are set as "hidden" and can only viewed if you enable that setting, or someone else just went ahead and deleted them.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I assume they disappeared from internal memory on the phone itself. I could previously access them either through the Gallery or File Manager. I have sole access to this phone - no one else has touched it.

Where would the setting be to hide or unhide the pictures?

Go to the Gallery, hit the Menu button, and an option to show hidden items or something like that should be there.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This is running Android 4.1.2. Maybe newer versions of Android have this option, but this one doesn't.

Do me a favor. If you long-press a picture in the gallery (where it lets you select multiple items), and then press the menu button. Is the "Hide Items" option available?

I used to have an S2 but I can't remember if I was able to hide stuff or that started on the Note 2...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah, now the menu is accessible, but there is no option to hide or unhide.

Hummm... weeeeird! If there's a way to hide pictures, there should be a way somewhere to show those hidden items...