Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gargavf
  • 1 Post By raptir
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default change colors of tasks in google calendar app?

I notice that in the Google Calendar Android App, items that are public holidays, show up as green, while other tasks show in the normal colour.

Is it possible to choose a colour for a particular item?

Default Re: change colors of tasks in google calendar app?

I haven't seen that option in the app, but I believe you can change calendar colors with a desktop web browser (or requesting the desktop version on your mobile one). Maybe the change will reflect on the app?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks, you're right, changing colour of a task/event in the web interface(i've tried from desktop), does affect the colour of the task/event in the android app.

though indeed there seems to be no option within the google calendar android app itself
    SpookDroid likes this.

Well, at least there's a way.

Tap on the event and tap on the palette icon.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    Tap on the event and tap on the palette icon.
    Raptir, if you see the subject, it says "google calendar app".

I don't think there is a palette icon in the app.

Currently the best one can do is the web interface to google calendar on a desktop. There is a palette there, which was mentioned by Spookdroid(second post in the thread), and he also confirmed that he cannot see a palette in the app. (App, as in mobile phone app, as in - application that runs on my phone in this case on Android)

So if you have managed to find a palette in the app, then do explain where, though I doubt that you have

I read somewhere that any color changes have to be done directly in your Google account on your desktop computer.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by gargavf View Post
    Raptir, if you see the subject, it says "google calendar app".

I don't think there is a palette icon in the app.

Currently the best one can do is the web interface to google calendar on a desktop. There is a palette there, which was mentioned by Spookdroid(second post in the thread), and he also confirmed that he cannot see a palette in the app. (App, as in mobile phone app, as in - application that runs on my phone in this case on Android)

So if you have managed to find a palette in the app, then do explain where, though I doubt that you have
    First, when someone's trying to help you being condescending and acting like he's a moron isn't particularly appropriate.

Second, here's a screenshot from my Google Calendar app on my phone showing the palette icon.

change colors of tasks in google calendar app?-calendar.jpg

Edit: And if you're looking to change the whole calendar's color, not just an individual event, tap the overflow menu from the main view, tap calendars to display and then tap the colored square next to the calendar you want to change.
    SpookDroid likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks. I don't have that palette.. Maybe I need to update.

I'm currently running version 201404014, the latest from the play store.

If you don't have any updates available, make sure you are running Google Calendar and not just (Android) Calendar. The AOSP version of the calendar app (included with many custom ROMs, like Cyanogenmod for example) may not include the functionality. You need to be running the official Google Calendar app which can be found on the Play Store or preinstalled on Nexus devices. The apps look nearly identical, but the Google Calendar icon has a blue top with the number 31 displayed (like a single day calendar) while the AOSP calendar app as a green top and looks like a full month grid.

Also, I assume that Google Calendar from the Play Store is the same on every device, but I don't have a non-Nexus device to test. What phone do you have?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

@Raptir, I have a Nexus 4. Definitely the real Google Calendar as I never installed anything else.

How do I view what version of Google Calendar I have?

When I go to the Menu in the top right, I see options of "New event, Refresh, search, calendars to be displayed, send feedback, settings, help". If I go to help(thinking there might be an about option somewhere), it brings up Chrome web browser.

Quote Originally Posted by gargavf View Post
    @Raptir, I have a Nexus 4. Definitely the real Google Calendar as I never installed anything else.

How do I view what version of Google Calendar I have?

When I go to the Menu in the top right, I see options of "New event, Refresh, search, calendars to be displayed, send feedback, settings, help". If I go to help(thinking there might be an about option somewhere), it brings up Chrome web browser.
    Go to System Settings -> Apps, find Calendar and tap on it.

Edit: Also, are you able to change the color of a full calendar under Calendars to Display by tapping the colored square next to the calendar?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Calendar(Google Calendar) is version 201210290

I am not sure what coloured square next to calendar?

By the way, FYI here is a screenshot of google calendar open.. as you see I don't have a palette icon

Not for events either..

change colors of tasks in google calendar app?-bfbxhkr.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails change colors of tasks in google calendar app?-nptcj6v.png