- 17 Posts
Android guide for beginners
Please can someone point me in the direction of a user guide / video series for learning how to use Android?
This is for my Mum, who's very technology adverse, so a lot of the concepts of what you can do, why, how and when with a smart phone are alien to her. However, she wants to learn it and will soon be using a Moto G (first smartphone).
Her current phone is a Motorola krzr - she can make calls and send text messages on this; but touch screen, smart phones, and Android will be a very new and probably scary experience at first.
Ideally I'd like her to have a look at something that explains things very high level - so not platform specific, and then build up to Android (and Kit Kat specific) UI, and what/where everything is, what you can do with it and why.
She uses a netbook (XP) and can surf the web and 'go on email' (her words!) - but beyond that, she doesn't have a clue.
I'm struggling to find something suitable online to teach her - all the user guides for beginners I've found so far are not so much for beginners - more for younger people who have a strong understanding of the concept of smart phone technology, but just need a few tips for transferring it to Android.
Hope you can help.
- Best AnswerAug 15 2014 | 3:29 pm EDT
Would this be a good start?
Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
- 08-15-2014, 03:29 PM #2
- By UmerQureshi in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 11-16-2014, 08:27 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-08-2014, 02:30 PM
- By dhc8guru in forum Moto X (2014)Replies: 38Last Post: 09-28-2014, 06:52 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-18-2014, 02:01 PM