1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cheap device for Kids?

So there are tablets out/coming that look great. Accept the price and contracts, or lack of Market.

But I know a lot of Android devices can be gotten on ebay, and I'm wondering if that might be a better solution for me especially since I really only need a mid range device. And no cell or data plan at all.

But a 2.2 device with adobe flash would be crucial, I've got a G2 and two toddlers. Now there are lots of fun things for a toddler to do on the phone but that leads to three problems.
    A) I can't use the phone for useful things like phone calls, or checking the shopping etc. list if they have it.
    B) There are two of them and I only bought one G2.
    C) It kills the battery and that also gets in the way of useful things like phone calls.

anyway though flash seems a tad wonky on the G2 it's still a big carrier of toddler content. But rooting and loading a froyo rom is no problem.
    So any advice as to what cheap device I ought to look for on ye old ebay?
    I'm new to Android and not sure what's what with the plethora of devices.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

you can get a droid eris on ebay pretty cheap ~ $110. and then you can root it and put kaosfroyo on it.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II