Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Locked out of phone.....

Can anyone PLEASE HELP! I am locked out of my android Samsung phone. I changed security pattern(as we are advised) but promptly forgot it. Too many wrong tries so locked out even though when it asked for my google password......it still refused to let me in. Then it wouldn't charge. Sent it back to o2. They returned it ....£44 to sort! They can't get in cos don't know the pattern or password. Neither do I, I said which is why I have sent it you, via the shop. Can't do it.......unless you pay £44. It's a contract phone!!!! I have managed to charge now bit it refuse to sign me in even though I know my google details are correct.
    PLEASE HELP.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: Locked out of phone.....

Welcome to AC
    Unfortunately, if you're locked out of your phone and your Google account, the only option you'd really have is to get them to do it for you. You're likely going to have to pay to be able to use it again.

Global Posts
    667 Global Posts

This method has worked for several others....go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and sign in, remotely lock your phone with a new password, unlock it with that new password.

Your carrier isn't going to be able to do anything you can't do. If all else fails, you can perform a data wipe on the phone by booting into recovery, but that's obviously a last resort.