Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email only partially works

Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
    Android 4.4.2

I have two email accounts both with Hotmail. I add these accounts to the default email app and enter the correct email and passwords. Once added neither email accounts download emails EXCEPT for two folders, one titled Steam which downloads all of the correct emails for that folder and a default folder titled Sent which downloads very old sent messages.

Why are the emails for other default folders such as Inbox, Junk and Recycle Bin not being downloaded? Email used to work however it has been like this for month now.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Email only partially works

Since they are both Hotmail accounts, have you considered using the dedicated MS Outlook app?
    I use that for two email accounts and have no issues with getting all of my folders to show the appropriate emails.
    Anyway...Have you tried clearing the cache for the stock email app?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Since they are both Hotmail accounts, have you considered using the dedicated MS Outlook app?
    I use that for two email accounts and have no issues with getting all of my folders to show the appropriate emails.
    Anyway...Have you tried clearing the cache for the stock email app?
    I didn't mention it but I also have a GMail account. Either way after clearing the cache and data and then re-adding an email account it works. Turns out I have to select the sync period as a month or less, if I select the all option no emails apart from a few mentioned in my main post will sync.

Thanks

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by James Cooper 1 View Post
    I didn't mention it but I also have a GMail account. Either way after clearing the cache and data and then re-adding an email account it works. Turns out I have to select the sync period as a month or less, if I select the all option no emails apart from a few mentioned in my main post will sync.

Thanks
    Oh, OK. That one has a dedicated app as well, but I can see why you'd want one for everything.
    Glad it's working again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I also had this problem and then I started using mailwise. it's a great email app for hotmail and outlook that support multiple email accounts.