Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar app for families?

Can anyone recommend a calendar app for families (let's you schedule different colors for each member) other than cozi?

Thanks!
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

The stock Google Calendar app does this, and does it well in my opinion. Each family member can share their calendar with the rest of the family. You can also create an additional "shared calendar" for events that apply to the whole family.

Default Re: Calendar app for families?

The stock Google Calendar app does this, and does it well in my opinion. Each family member can share their calendar with the rest of the family. You can also create an additional "shared calendar" for events that apply to the whole family.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What if I'm managing the calendar for all family mber? Or do I have to create a separate calendar for each person?

Quote Originally Posted by sierrapup View Post
    What if I'm managing the calendar for all family mber? Or do I have to create a separate calendar for each person?
    Well, you could set them up all under one Google Account but then everyone would need to add the same Google account to their devices. Each account can have many calendars though so you could still have individual calendars as well as a group calendar all under one account.

I think a more detailed explanation of how you intend to use it would help with recommending a service.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have little kids - don't have phones. They just have say activities I'm trying to find an app that will put each persons activities in a different olor.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

*color

Ah. Honestly then most calendar applications will work for you. Like I said, Google Calendar would be my choice since it's well integrated with Android. I actually really like Sunrise for a calendar interface, but you still need to set up your calendars through Google.

Google calender

I have the same opinion that Google Calendar is good choice for you. If you are looking for something different you can download CalendarPlus app. It is easy to use and suitable also for children's. Calendarplus app is available on Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....calendar_plus

Calendar app for families?-unhtitled-1-u00252bcopy.jpg