Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unbranded phone gets stuck on startup screen (Green droid)

I have an unbranded phone from china. I rooted my phone and tried to install some applications using a downloaded batch file on windows (It basically copies some files to system/bin and system/lib). However, while it was copying the files, my phone froze. When I restarted my phone (I had to take the battery out) it got stuck on the startup screen (The green droid man). I have tried booting into recovery mode and doing a factory reset, but it didn't fix the problem. I found some threads suggesting that I have to flash a new ROM on my device. However, I don't know which ROM I need and where to download it from. My android was 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with an MTK6592 octa core processor, but that's all I really know. The phone does have 1 year warrranty but I'm not sure if they'll find out that I rooted my phone and tried to place some files in the system folder.

I'll greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out.
    Thank you

Global Posts
    12,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Unbranded phone gets stuck on startup screen (Green droid)

The only way to find out which ROM they used is to ask the manufacturer. Flying by flapping your arms is probably easier than finding that out.

You could try to mess the phone up sp badly that they can't find out what's in it - flash some Samsung 4.4.2 ROM with Odin if the phone will take it. You'll probably brick the phone beyond redemption by that point. Then try to get it replaced.

In the future, save money by spending more on a name-brand phone that people can help you fix if you brick it. If you had said "an AT&T S3" I would have given you a link to a few different ROM versions for it, and some safe ways to root them. But "Chinese phone" translates to "no data available", even it it's a "Chinese Samsung S4". The case looks kind of close, the screen is the same size, but what's inside is about 3 generations old (if you're lucky) and there's no information available about it. If you want a burner phone, Tracfone has one for $10. Otherwise it's cheaper to buy more expensive.
    hiredgun likes this.