WiFi issues on Sony Xperia SP
So I just got my first Android phone the Sony Xperia SP and it is now running Jellybean 4.3.
I am liking it so far but I only have one issue. I have yet to install my own SIM card as I have to go to my carrier store to get a Micro SIM since my previous device had an older-style SIM card in it. I have tried with someone else's Micro SIM from the same carrier and it did work.
My problem : Connecting to WiFi is easy. It finds routers and connects. (I am aware that there were some WiFi issues with the SP but that 4.3 update apparently fixed them.) My issue is that if the phone is left idle long enough, when I resume from standby, the internet will not be working despite being connected to the WiFi network. All I have to do is turn WiFi On and Off and then it will work normally again. I am wondering if there is a way to fix this.
- 08-21-2014, 12:36 PM #2
Re: WiFi issues on Sony Xperia SP
Is your WiFi set to always on? Some devices have the option for WiFi to be off when the phone is sleeping to conserve battery, but in my experience this only brings more troubles than solutions haha (I hate the the iPhone, for instance, has no way to control this and when you're not on a wall charger, your WiFi disconnects as soon as the phone goes idle).
- 08-21-2014, 12:41 PM #3
- By dipkid in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 14Last Post: 08-27-2014, 09:20 PM
- By sunnygrl44 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-25-2014, 01:36 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-23-2014, 06:13 AM
- By Ryan Barkley in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-21-2014, 05:00 PM
- By Bill Brinson in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-21-2014, 01:55 PM