evo or epic?

samurikuma

May 14, 2010
Visit site
i will be getting a new phone shortly. i have the moment right now and was gonna upgrade to evo or epic. both look to be great phones but am having trouble deciding. i like the slide out keyboard but the epics dont feel right. would love me some super ameoled screen cause its just beautiful. any advice from yall would be helpful. thanks for your time

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I went with an Epic and that is after playing with my friends Evo for a while.

What do you mean the Epic doesn't feel right? The weight?

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I also had the Moment and chose to get the Evo. The Epic feels cheaply made and light. The Evo is well built and the bigger screen is awesome.

The screen resolution is much better on the Epic though but that is my only regret. Can't wait for an HTC phone to have the same Res. Keyboard is good but I'm not hung up on physical kbs.

To me, the Evo has more options and the kickstand is surprisingly useful.

Palm-a-PREciation

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a difficult time choosing as well, I kept going back to the Sprint store to decide between the two... and what I decided was that both phones are awesome phones, it just comes to down to personal preference!

For me, I prefer the look of the Epic, (between the rounded corners, the buttons on the bottom, and the screen) everytime I went to the store, that's the phone I kept wanting to use......I prefer the physical keyboard (I'm coming from a Palm Pre)....I hope that this will be my transition phone, I like that you have the choice of virtual or physical keyboard, so I'm hoping that I'll learn to use the virtual more, but at least if I hate the virtual, I still have the physical to use.

The slightly bigger screen on the Evo, the kickstand, and the fact that the Evo is already running Froyo, were difficult to pass on, but I think the Epic is a better phone for me.

I'd suggest playing with both phones at a Sprint store, and follow whatever phone you personally like better, I don't think you could go wrong with either phone!

But in reality, I only need the phone to last me a year, and then I can use my Premiere status to upgrade it to a newer fancier phone next year!!

My Epic is coming UPS today, I should have it this afternoon!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22