Can't chmod with ES Explorer
I'm running cm 11 on nook hd plus and latest version of ES Explorer. I have root browser turned on in ES. I can browse root. But I'm trying to chmod /system/fonts to 777 and it says operation fails.
Weird thing is, I did this once successfully. I don't know what changed.
Yes I know there are font changer apps, but I'm trying to change some fonts other than roboto-regular.ttf
- 08-22-2014, 10:39 PM #2
Re: Can't chmod with ES Explorer
Thanks. I tried astro and root Explorer but I didn't even see a way to do chmod. Maybe because it's the free version?
Anyway, I tried using terminal. I did this
mount -o remount,rw /
chmod 777 fonts
I still got "read only file system."
What do I need to do?
- By new android user in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 05-28-2015, 11:56 PM
- By 510bettina in forum HTC One M9Replies: 5Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
- By aledelcastle in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:50 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 04:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 02:50 PM