Can't chmod with ES Explorer
I'm running cm 11 on nook hd plus and latest version of ES Explorer. I have root browser turned on in ES. I can browse root. But I'm trying to chmod /system/fonts to 777 and it says operation fails.
Weird thing is, I did this once successfully. I don't know what changed.
Yes I know there are font changer apps, but I'm trying to change some fonts other than roboto-regular.ttf
- 08-22-2014, 10:39 PM #2“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson
In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!
Re: Can't chmod with ES Explorer
Thanks. I tried astro and root Explorer but I didn't even see a way to do chmod. Maybe because it's the free version?
Anyway, I tried using terminal. I did this
mount -o remount,rw /
chmod 777 fonts
I still got "read only file system."
What do I need to do?
- By 510bettina in forum HTC One M9Replies: 5Last Post: 09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
- By new android user in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 08-23-2014, 07:55 AM
- By aledelcastle in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:50 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 04:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 02:50 PM