Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default a real head scratcher! cant get rid of text signature

Ok, before you say, 'go into handcent and settings...' or 'go into your stock text text app and settings and....' - that isnt it. I have tried and done

I put a stupid ~Chris~ signature many years ago at the end of each text I send. That was 3 phones ago and 2 email addresses (gmail) ago. Its still stuck there. I go into the main default text app and I have the signature box unchecked to not use one. also same for handcent. I just got a new phone 2 weeks ago and its still there.

So its a signature that I set up a while ago thats 'ghosting' along with each new phone. its somewhere deep within a profile that sticks with me.. the only thing I can think of is my cell provider Rogers and maybe google/gmail but I am using a different email now then when I put it on.

I cant find the source of the signature and it remains! please help

thanks

Global Posts
    13,146 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: a real head scratcher! cant get rid of text signature

Check to see if there is anything set with the carrier. If possible, login to you account via the Web and see if there is a setting to customize sms signatures.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: a real head scratcher! cant get rid of text signature

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Check to see if there is anything set with the carrier. If possible, login to you account via the Web and see if there is a setting to customize sms signatures.
    thanks but I just cant see me doing anything like that with Rogers. I have only been using the online portal for half a year now. This would be something I added in about 2-3 years ago and 3 phones ago... And I wouldnt do something like a signature over the phone.
    So that really only leaves google/gmail signature setting. I wonder if I switched to a dreaded iphone, it would remain with me???hehehe