Is a Micro SD card necessary?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i want to buy a 10 inches tablets. it seems that google nexus 10 is a good choice, but it has no microsd. so i wonder if it is necessary? i can always use dropbox to save my pictures, right?

as for apps, i think that even 16 gb should be enough. sometimes people install apps that they hardly use.

what else can i do with this microsd option?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: is microsd necessary?

I have a Nexus 5 and Nexus 7, both with 32 GB of internal storage and no SD card. I haven't noticed the absence of a card, because I don't store music locally (I stream using Google Play Music), and I don't keep tons of photos on the phone--I back it up on my computer, and upload the good pics to my Google+ albums. So for me, a microSD is certainly not necessary. I would suggest getting a 32 GB tablet over a 16 GB one, though, because as time goes on, apps get bigger and bigger, so that's one way to stay ahead of the curve.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Your personal use will determine if you think you should need a micro sd slot. Contrary to B. Diddy, I do feel a need for one. I travel for a living with minimal Wi-Fi access, so I want to keep as much data on the phone as possible to avoid constant cloud sync/streaming and eating up my monthly bandwidth. I also like the ability to swap to another phone or computer by simply popping the card out of my phone and into the new device. It can transfer the data quicker, especially because my laptop's USB ports are a little off and can't always get 2.0 speeds.

That's not to say either B. Diddy or I are right or wrong, it's just two sides of the same coin.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

In terms of the tablet though... The Nexus 10 is rather outdated and still very expensive for what you're getting unless you manage to find a deal on it refurbished. I'm a big Nexus fan, but I would really look at the Sony Xperia Tablet Z2 or the Galaxy Tab S as alternatives.

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Well if you can spring for 32 gig you have less need for SD but yeah mostly how much do you need to carry around

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Using a 64GB external card here on a Samsung Note 12.2 Very happy with it as I can load lots of instructional videos on it and watch them anywhere at a later time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc