PDF to E-book format?

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have an old Android tablet that runs 1.5 and cannot be upgraded. Since I now also have a Samsung tablet, I was thinking of using the old tablet for storing some PDFs. Specifically, I have some PDFs on how to use some software and I was also thinking of turning my recipe database into a PDF and use the tablet when I cook instead of printing them out.

So, how can I get the PDFs into a good E-book readable format. I can just upload the PDFs, but they open up very small. Also, all the files just say PDF, so I can't tell which file is which on the home page. I would have to go into the directory to find the PDF I want to open.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nekomin

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
A PDF is not really scalable, that is you just zoom in or out. So its usually not a pleasant experience to read on a tablet especially if the PDF is A4 causing everything to look tiny on a device. I would look into transferring to epub or mobi which are better e-book formats or make sure when you create a PDF that the page size is smaller.

Icegoddess

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, all the pre-loaded books are in epub rather than mobi. I tried Calibre to make epub out of both PDF to Epub and PDF to HTML to Epub, but it messed up the format so badly that it was unreadable. Guess I'll just have to stick with PDF.

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Pdf is just a horrible format to read on a screen. As you found out, converting to a more friendly format isn't easy. Best bet is to find a good app to read pdf. I use Mantano. It lets you crop out the margin making it easier. Also has night mode. And reads epub

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63