Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Store Is Updating Apps Its Already Updated

I had to hard reset my phone last weekend and on numerous occasions since the Store has been giving me updates of apps that its already updated.

So for example I've installed updates of Maps, Nova, WhatsApp...etc and within twenty four hours - or considerably sooner - the same update is again showing up in the Store.

I've gone ahead and re-installed them in any case but any thoughts? I'm assuming that its a glitch in the Store but any other opinions would be welcomed.
    Putting out fire with gasoline
  2. Best Answer

I can't see how it would update apps that are already updated. Oftentimes apps are updated by the developer within 24-hours of there is a problem with the previous update. Aside from a reset, which you have already done, I don't know what the problem would be.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    10,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: The Store Is Updating Apps Its Already Updated

I can't see how it would update apps that are already updated. Oftentimes apps are updated by the developer within 24-hours of there is a problem with the previous update. Aside from a reset, which you have already done, I don't know what the problem would be.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

In addition to the above, in some cases a developer will not update the version/date submitted text in the play store even though they've updated the application itself. So it could be a new update available even though it's not showing a new version number.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hi!, and thanks for the reply.

Its since stopped doing it but I did find it rather disconcerting. Although I'm not in the habit of unnecessarily hard resetting my phone unless has the absolute last resort (OS updates aside), I've never had this kind of behaviour before.

One subsequent thought is that it may have been re-updating the same apps listed in my other Google account. Anyway, now is all well.
    Putting out fire with gasoline