Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a budget upgrade

Hey,

I'm looking for a new phone, but I'm a bit torn up between options. When using my old Moto G I found the RAM to be a bit insufficient. The multitasking was somewhat of a problem from time to time when switching 3-4 apps and having them restart on me. Generally I was quite pleasantly surprised by the device, though.

Now, I'm thinking about a Nexus 4, which can be bought new for basically the same price, and has 2GB of RAM, but is a considerably older phone, but I'm also considering the new Moto G, which, as it seems, will have a nice, big screen, and front-facing speakers, but will still have the 1 gig of RAM.

So is the Nexus 4 will be a generally good device for the next 1-2 years? Are there any other options I should consider? Should I wait for the Moto G2 announcement?

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Looking for a budget upgrade

If you're in the USA and want to get a nice, new phone and don't mind a 2 year contract, that should be the way to get a great device for free or as little as $50.

If you don't like contracts and still want something cheap, than your options are limited.

Nowadays the moto X, the nexus 5 and other nice phones can be acquired for cheap.

Now to answer your question more directly, I would wait for the new moto, the nexus 4 is still a good contender but is older.

Just my 2 cents.
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    If you're in the USA and want to get a nice, new phone and don't mind a 2 year contract, that should be the way to get a great device for free or as little as $50.

If you don't like contracts and still want something cheap, than your options are limited.

Nowadays the moto X, the nexus 5 and other nice phones can be acquired for cheap.

Now to answer your question more directly, I would wait for the new moto, the nexus 4 is still a good contender but is older.

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks. I'm not in the US, and prices for the Moto X and Nexus 5 are considerably higher in Europe. Plus, I can't involve myself with a 2-year contract right now.

How do you think the 1GB of RAM will hold up for the future?

Global Posts
    8,929 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by t00ny45 View Post
    Thanks. I'm not in the US, and prices for the Moto X and Nexus 5 are considerably higher in Europe. Plus, I can't involve myself with a 2-year contract right now.

How do you think the 1GB of RAM will hold up for the future?
    I think it will be fine for light to moderate usage. The Nexus 4 would be my pick over the Moto G, but that's just preference. It's hard to say if these devices we holdup over the next one to two years since that will also depend on how each is used.