Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slashyou
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question quality of refurbished tablets?

i am using a refurbished "new" nexus 7, it is working fine so far. it is better than the new one, the new one was rebooting itself randomly often.

i am considering buying a refurbished samsung 10 inches tablet, any comments?

Global Posts
    9,113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: quality of refurbished tablets?

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    i am using a refurbished "new" nexus 7, it is working fine so far. it is better than the new one, the new one was rebooting itself randomly often.

Refurbished units go through pretty tough testing to make sure everything is in working order. I would say it's a good bet the next one you purchase would be just as good. Regarding the original, new device rebooting, that may have been a unique case. Which does happen, so don't let that leave a sour taste for future devices. Either way, you'll definitely find good deals on refurbished units.

Let us know if you pickup a refurbished Samsung 10-inch tablet and how you like it compared to the Nexus 7.

You might have a look at Swappa.com. I've purchased several phones and tablets there and will do so again.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

I coined a term called refurbish roulette. I've had a bad track record with getting refurbished phones (including Samsung, but also others) that had defects right out of the box. I've also seen others on here started using the term too when questioning if they should do warranty exchanges due to the risk of getting bad refurbished units in return. I know you're looking at tablets and buying refurbished at retail, but I'm sure they go through the same processes at the same facilities as the phone exchanges. When it comes to electronics, I'll only buy new due to my past experience and that of others I've seen.

It's kind of luck of the draw really. They always say refurbished go through rigorous testing, but who knows what that involves. Could be just flashing on stock ROM, visual inspection for damage, then power on. It's alive! Pack it, ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post

thier sometimes even better then new as its tested and stuff.
    srkmagnus likes this.