Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transfer ownership of android tablet?

hi

I bought my sis a nexus 7 because she thought she wanted one. But after a year she doesn't use it much now and she says I can have it.

When I set it up for her I created a Google account for her. It was a present so I just put in my PayPal info for paying some apps. She's bought other apps since. Now I want to use my Google account. Can I do that without wiping my app purchases. Seems unfair I have to buy the apps again for the same device.

Thanks

Default Re: transfer ownership of android tablet?

The app purchase licenses the app to the account used for the purchase. You could try emailing the developer and see if they're interested in being kind. It's not the device you're buying the app for, it's the account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hmm, I don't want to bother people asking for a few bucks here and there. I guess I'll just rebuy the apps I need / use a lot and forget the rest. Live and learn.

Does your sister use the Google account you set up for her? If not, then just add your personal Google account to the tablet, while keeping the account you set up for her. In the Play Store, you could then choose which account to use when purchasing an app. This way, you could still use the apps that were purchased on her account, and then add any that were associated with your account.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I'm kind of doing that now, but I prefer not to have her account as my primary account. For one thing, apps like gmail and feedly automatically use her account. For another, she has started using her Google account because it's a nicer easier to say username than her yahoo mail.