Contact Recovery

ninjakomodo

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey all. So, my phone screen shattered, to the point where the screen doesn't turn on. Unfortunately, I had debugging mode turned off and when i hook it up to the computer I can't see any files because of this. Unfortunately, this also means that programs like Dr. Phone can't access it, because it doesn't get assigned a drive letter. Since I can't use the screen, the lock screen is permanently stuck as far as I can tell. Is there any way I can get access into the phone and retrieve my contacts?

Before the lectures start, I have been backing up my phone using Lookout Premium through T-Mobile. The problem came in when I got my new phone (thank God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster/ Every Other Deity for insurance) and went to download the contact file from the backup that lookout was making. When I did, I found that there was no contact file to download. I could get my calls log and photos and everything else it backed up, but my contacts were missing.

I've contacted them, and they've said there is no way to recover the contacts if the file isn't there, which of course made me a little irate.

So, does anyone have any way I can hook the phone up to the computer, bypass the lock screen, and somehow access my files?

Both the old and new phone are the LG G Flex (LG-D959) and running Android 4.4.2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Without debugging enabled, the lock screen and all.. I think your chances are limited at getting those back :(

ninjakomodo

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately that's what it's seeming like, unless I can somehow get my hands on law enforcement software, that's probably illegal to have, that will break into the phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not to stir the pot but can I ask why you didn't have your Contacts list sync'd to your Gmail account?