microSD card questions

benjllama

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got my first smartphone and its a Galaxy S3 (i9300). I'm getting a microSD card and I was wondering how big a difference it makes if I get a cheap generic one instead of a brand name one. Also, can I move apps to the microSD card or is it just media that I can put on it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yeah, I'd stay away from the no-name generic ones. If they do work, they might not last that long. Stick with known brands like Sandisk, Toshiba, Samsung, etc. And buy them from reputable sellers, like big name stores or directly through Amazon (not through the Amazon Marketplace). When you get it, you can run SD Insight to make sure the card is what it says it is, and not counterfeit.

I think the S3 allows you to move portions of an app to external SD, but you can't move the entire app over--a good amount of it needs to remain in Internal Storage. You should use the external SD primarily for media storage.

Waliactico

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Try to buy the cheapest one from a reliable store. Micro sd cards are kinda cheap nowadays, so it's not worth it to save some dollars to get a poor quality one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37