Need recommendation on a top branded tablet with a reasonable price...

CurtisGamer

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I am planning on purchasing my third tablet in less than two years and I need to give me some recommendations on an decent Android tablet with a price range between $99-$149. In order for me to purchase a top branded Android tablet, I wanted to get one that has KitKat, capable of running all apps and games, and most importantly, includes Google Play. I also wanted one where I can use either the AC or USB to charge the device. If possible, a feature where I can upgrade the Android to the new version when it becomes available after its eventual release. The first two tablets I had were made by lesser known brands such as Proscan and Hisense, respectively with the latter having the worst problem than the former.

My first tablet, the Proscan, was bought from a Big Lots store on my birthday and the device includes Android 4.0 and can only be charged using an AC adapter. There are a few cons with the PLT7035-PL: it does have GetJar instead of Google Play, almost all of the apps would not work with this device, and when I try to run certain gaming apps, the device locks up and sometimes I could get error message that I don't understand. The instructions included with the tablet is jibberish. The AC adapter included with the device was broke, so I had to go to Radio Shack and bought another one, then a few weeks later, plugged it into the AC slot and the jack that is inside the slot was pushed so further down I am totally unable to operate the device at all because it needs charging. The battery life quickly drained, even after only five minutes of usage, like let's say it was fully charged at around 100%, then the next time I turn it on, it dropped to around 70%.

Then, I bought another tablet, this time it was a HiSense Sero 7 LT from Walmart, but this one includes Android 4.1(Jelly Bean), and most importantly, Google Play. Some of the apps that does not support the Proscan works with the device, and it is chargeable using the included USB adapter instead of AC. But, here's the worst part of the story. After only a few months, each time I tried to power the device, the Hisense logo comes on for a few seconds, then the HiSense Smart appears, then the device freezes itself for a short amount of time and then it shuts off by itself. Turned it on again, but the HiSense logo only appears and then it shuts itself off. If I can luckily turn on the Sero 7, I can use certain apps like YouTube or playing Angry Birds, but while using such apps, the device freezes and then it shuts itself off. I did everything(hard reset, factory restore, etc.), still doesn't solve this problem. Now, the only way to remedy this problem is to plug the device using a USB connector to the laptop, and try to power up the device(sometimes I have to do this a few times until I get past the HiSense Smart logo), then after a few minutes, I unplugged the device from my laptop, and then I am now able to use the tablet without unexpected freeze and/or shutoff. Sometimes I had to keep holding the power button until the HiSense logo appears, whether it's plugged into my USB port or not. When the device shuts itself off, I can hear the "tick" sound. I don't hear that sound when I normally turn the device off. You can watch the whole thing happen at

This was totally frustrating because I have just wasted money on two JUNK Android tablets made by JUNK companies!! The HiSense one is one of my WORST EXPERIENCE because it cost a bit more than the refurbished Proscan bought from Big Lots, and the situation where it shuts itself off unexpectedly while booting or using the device.

So the lesson is that I will NEVER, EVER buy any of the cheap, lesser known Android tablets ever again. I will not spend a dime on these JUNK devices that will guarantee it will last me for only a month and than that's it. These products I own are made in China, and they have a crappy warranty service where I send the defective one in for a replacement of yet another JUNK device!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 is the closest thing to that range but it's over your range. Other than that, the only tablet worth buying (IMO) is the Nvidia shield, but it weighs in at $299.

nbtthief

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you try to buy used ones. If you good at testing device, this way can help you find the good device with lower price (sometimes people need money urgently :D), i got my nexus 10 for about $300 and it still work amazing (using it more than 2 year)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1