Need help trasnferring Google contacts to my phone

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am new to Android, just got my Samsung Fascinate today. I am basically trying to get my contacts saved in my Gmail to save on my phone. I added my Gmail account on my phone and when i go to contacts i see all of my Google contacts there (i have not manually added any contacts). But if i were to delete my Gmail account on my phone, all my contacts wouldn't be there anymore. How do i save ALL of my contacts from Gmail onto my phone? Is there some way to sync Gmail contacts onto my phone and storing them permanently? Instead of my phone contacts syncing INTO Gmail (if i were to ever add contacts manually)? I want to do this because i am trying to sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts to get their pictures and birthdays linked, but Facebook wont sync with my Google contacts. I guess because they aren't really on my phone?

Btw i used to have a BlackBerry and i used Google Sync, thats why i have all of my contacts saved into my Gmail.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One trick would be to create contacts for people you know on your phone, then link them to your Facebook and Gmail info for them.