Where have my icons from my Favorites Tray gone (Samsung Galaxy S4)?

azza2424

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S4 missing icon from Favorites Tray

Hey guys,

A little bit of an issue. I accidentally disabled the messages application which removed the icon from my dock. I can't figure out how to get the icon back into the dock.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Screenshot_2014-09-16-23-43-12.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re: Samsung Galaxy S4 missing icon from Favorites Tray

Welcome to Android Central! When you say deleted, do you mean you completely uninstalled it? Are you rooted? You can't uninstall a system app if you're unrooted.

If you only removed the Messaging shortcut from the homescreen, it should still be in the App Drawer. Long-press it in the App Drawer, then drag and drop it back to the homescreen.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

If you disabled the app you'll need to reenable it to get the icon back.

Go to Settings -> Apps -> Scroll to the right to find Disabled Apps, tap on Messaging and then tap Enable.

azza2424

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm not rooted.

I accidentally disable the app, it disappeared from the dock. I re-enabled it and it still doesn't appear back in the dock.

I have also tried dragging it from the app drawer with no success.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What happens if you try to place something in the dock? Does it just get deflected back out? There doesn't seem to be any room in the dock for another shortcut--were there 4 shortcuts along with the Apps button beforehand, or only 3?

Do you have an Australian version? I've heard that the Australian ROMs prevent the user from modifying the dock, for unclear reasons.

azza2424

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

What happens if you try to place something in the dock? Does it just get deflected back out? There doesn't seem to be any room in the dock for another shortcut--were there 4 shortcuts along with the Apps button beforehand, or only 3?

Do you have an Australian version? I've heard that the Australian ROMs prevent the user from modifying the dock, for unclear reasons.

The icon just gets deflected back out as you said.

Originally there was 5 shortcuts in the dock, I disabled messages accidentally removing the icon. Now I can't put it back.

Yes I have an Australian version.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I recall discussing this with someone else recently. The Australian ROMs don't allow the user to add or change anything in the Favorites Tray. I don't know why. When you disabled Messaging, that must have forced it out, but due to the ROM limitations, you can't add anything back.

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to go to the App Manager, select TouchWiz Home, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will wipe your homescreens clean, and presumably reset them to the original state. But do this with caution--I'm not sure if Clearing Data will also clear out the rest of the shortcuts from the Favorites Tray, which would then put you in a bigger bind.

azza2424

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I recall discussing this with someone else recently. The Australian ROMs don't allow the user to add or change anything in the Favorites Tray. I don't know why. When you disabled Messaging, that must have forced it out, but due to the ROM limitations, you can't add anything back.

The only thing I can suggest at this time is to go to the App Manager, select TouchWiz Home, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will wipe your homescreens clean, and presumably reset them to the original state. But do this with caution--I'm not sure if Clearing Data will also clear out the rest of the shortcuts from the Favorites Tray, which would then put you in a bigger bind.

Thanks B.Diddy much appreciated.

Clearing the data reset the screens to default.

Although I have to move all my apps back to where I like them, I have my messages icon back :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non