On my Galaxy S4 Active why is there no sound with sent/recieved calls?

aksel9000

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Active - no sound sent/recieved in calls

Hey guys. I have this issue I've tried to resolve since july.

I've already read through Galaxy S4: No Sound In calls (not allowed to link, because of new account. this site, "/general-help-how/369393-galaxy-s4-no-sound-calls.html") and other forums to find solutions. Different fixes seem to work for different users, but a lot end up dissapointed with broken handsets.

The symptoms:
  • No dial up tone when making a call
  • No sound recieved from other end
  • Other end recieves no sound from me
  • Skype/Facebook phone etc WORKS
  • Text messaging WORKS

Fixes tried with no luck:
  • Removed lint (a lot of lint) from headset jack
  • Test enviroment reciever tone (the tone works, meaning that the reciever works)
  • Placing calls with headset plugged in
  • Turning all sound up and down
  • Reboot
  • Hard reset
  • Factory reset (with out and without restoring from previous state afterwards)
  • Firmware is up to date

I have been breaking my brain trying to figure this out for two months now, and a lot of S4 users seem to have the problem. Any idea of what's wrong and what I can do to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Active - no sound sent/recieved in calls

Welcome to Android Central! Do you know for sure that the call is being placed? Can people call you, and if they do, does your phone ring? Have you discussed this with your wireless provider, and perhaps asked for a replacement SIM?

Lou Rocha

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same problem It started this week. Does anyone have a solution?

jza95

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

It's a Google Now update that screwed up. The Ok Google search from any screen is turned on by default. From the home screen, hold down the menu button which should go into Google Now. Click on menu button again and select settings. Select "VOICE." Then select "Ok Google" detection. Once there, switch off the option "From any Screen." Once that is turned off. Restart phone and everything should work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith