exchange server questions

neophile

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
for my work i setup a gmail acct, but using our business name as our domani, not @gmail. ie yourname@yourbusiness.com, not yourname@gmail.com
Gmail worked great for this, until I had my website run on that domain, then I was told that I would have to use an exchange server for my emails, couldn't use the gmail acct anymore.

I can send emails for the gmail acct, but only receive them in the exchange acct.

So.... I have my business acct setup in my captivate, but in the regular email app, and I want to be able to set it up in the gmail app....can I do this?
When I tried to set it up, I was given an error, and I don't know how to make it go.

I would really like to use the gmail app, and get out of exchange, I can't stand using that service.

thanx

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's a bit unclear as to what exactly is going on. Why do you have to use an Exchange server? As for what you can and can't use, it really depends on what's set up for your domain. If it's Google Apps you can use the gmail client on your device. If it's Exchange you need to use an Exchange client.

The cart can't push the horse. In other words, you can't configure your phone to work around what your domain offers. From context, it sounds like you really do need to use Exchange as your DNS records for email are pointed to the Exchange server -- evidenced by your comment "I can send emails for the gmail acct, but only receive them in the exchange acct". I'd suggest checking with the company hosting your DNS to see if they can point your MX records to Google Apps.

I would really like to use the gmail app, and get out of exchange, I can't stand using that service.
My Exchange account is my primary account on my device. Works great with ActiveSync (and Touchdown) in my experience.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma