Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 - won't charge, how to determinte problem?

IndianaJoness

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi

My Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 just wouldn't charge one day. The battery drained down and now it won't even turn on. I've tried various chargers, different wall plug sockets, from my computer etc. and nothing. The chargers I tried all work on other devices.

Unfortunately I cannot send the item into Samsung for repair so I'm trying to figure out the issue myself.

Is there any way I could figure out if it's the battery that's totally failed or whether it's the USB socket that's the issue? Other than literally taking the battery/USB socket out of the tablet and putting into another unit to try, which I don't have the option to do, I'm out of ideas.

Any help or ideas is welcome.

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Try the original charger and cable, and allow it to charge for 3 or 4 hours without attempting to turn it on.

IndianaJoness

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've heard about that being possible on several other forums, hope it's not your case. Have you tried plugging it into a pc to see if you can "kick start" it that way?

Yep, tried that and literally everything else possible. I'm starting to think that the battery has just totally failed. Trying to find the correct replacement where I live is a nightmare and only real option is ordering from abroad and hoping it arrives. To top it off, one of the screw heads that holds the battery in place is now worn down and I'm unable to get that out. Happy days!

I'll never buy expensive electronic equipment abroad again unless it's defiintely covered under local guarantee.

Last edited:

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Really feel for you on this, I've been living abroad for 20 years and I know what you mean. It may not be the perfect solution, but maybe one of those external battery packs would solve your problems. Even if your own battery is totally totally dead, it should be able to power the tab on it's own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma