Can anyone help me choose which phone I should get?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
New phone advice coming from the Note 3

My interest in Android started with the Motorola Droid. I loved the phone but hated the instability. I then went to an IPhone 4 and loved that device. After owning it for a year, I went to the Galaxy S3 and had a bad experience so, I went back to Apple.

About a year ago, I went with a Note 3 and loved the device and now its time for an upgrade. I would like something different other than the Samsung line. Here are my considerations:

MTC One M8
LG G3
Note 4
Moto X

I do not use the stylus all that much in the Note 3. I take pictures on occasion. I use the phone mostly for texting and reading. I use Facebook on occasion and at times, the slowness of the Note 3 gets on my nerve. I am also thinking that the next phone would be a smaller phone. It will probably be a 10-12 month commitment before I upgrade again. I am currently using the Nova Launcher on my Note 3 and like the functionality. I also own a Galaxy Gear watch and love the features that it comes with. Recently, I ordered the Moto 360 because I like the looks and it does things similar to the GG.

Which one should I get and why? I am really stuck between the M8 and G3. I saw the Moto X today and was very impressed with its speed. I may get into rooting at one point but as of right now, my interest is to leave it as is.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: New phone advice coming from the Note 3

I automatically eliminate phones that don't have replaceable batteries. Lithium batteries can still short and turn into welders. I'd rather throw the battery out of the phone than have to buy a new phone.

I also don't like phones without external storage.

Otherwise ...

My Motorola V551 still works fine. It's 10 years old. If they still build that kind of quality ...

Samsung? Not on AT&T or Verizon any more. They can keep their locked bootloader.

HTC has a good rep, but I have no personal experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech