Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Question which carrier & phone to switch to?

hey guys, first post around here and I have a question for the masses. Currently I'm on AT&T with the Captivate but we are going to have to switch off Ma Bell due to coverage issues at our house (we are going cell-only). My decision to get the Captivate earlier was easy: I had to stay with AT&T and it easily the best phone they had. And I actually like the phone now that I've gotten a Froyo build and the GPS works. But now that we are out of contract I'm unsure where to go and what phone to get (or to wait).

I know that T-Mobile and Verizon get the best coverage at our house and those are the two carriers I'm considering. As far as Android phones are concerned, if I'm coming from the Captivate, which phone do you think I would be most satisfied with? Droid 2? G2? MyTouch 4G?

Or should I wait for this Nexus S to come out? Having quick updates is huge and as a former iPhone owner, its nice to not have the carriers put their grubby mitts on them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.