Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Huawei ascend rooting

    i HAVE THE CRICKET ASCEND DOWNLOADED THE Z4Root and want to root. But was wanting to do this for 1 reason and that is for the volume for the headset. I want it louder and just wanted to make sure this is the right thing to do. Does anyone know or have experiance with this?
  2. #2  

    Default

    my friend just got one and i tried the z4 root app and it doesnt work. just thought id let that be known.
  3. #3  

    Default Rooted Huawei for Cricket

    I personally have the Cricket Huawei, and I have successfully rooted the phone using z4root (so it does work). However I did not gain any additional access to adjust call volume. That is a hardware limitation, not a software one. On a side note, the wireless tether works beautifully (barnacle) thanks to z4root rooting the phone!
  4. #4  
    schemppjr37's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    ROM
    #2 Rom on connect

    Default

    i myself have a Huawei ascend that i used z4 on and it is rooted and man it is AWESOME!!!!!!! i wish i would have known about how to do this when i got the phone cause the phone works so much better for me now and i like having total access to the phone now all i need is for a better rom to come out for it and everything will b sooooo much better. i thought that i seen something somewhere either on a c or somewhere else that there was supposed to b a different rom comming out this weekend but i havent seen or heard anymore about it. if anybody knows if they have could they point me to it iwould b forever greatfull... thx in advance and happy rooting :-)
  5. #5  

    Default

    i
    Quote Originally Posted by marlongentry View Post
    I personally have the Cricket Huawei, and I have successfully rooted the phone using z4root (so it does work). However I did not gain any additional access to adjust call volume. That is a hardware limitation, not a software one. On a side note, the wireless tether works beautifully (barnacle) thanks to z4root rooting the phone!
    z4root is not working now since i downloaded the upgrade to froyo 2.2 from the 2.1 version prior to that it worked great i may be doing something wrong but it is pretty much fool proof
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzalicious1 View Post
    my friend just got one and i tried the z4 root app and it doesnt work. just thought id let that be known.
    what firmware version does ur friend have??
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schemppjr37 View Post
    i myself have a Huawei ascend that i used z4 on and it is rooted and man it is AWESOME!!!!!!! i wish i would have known about how to do this when i got the phone cause the phone works so much better for me now and i like having total access to the phone now all i need is for a better rom to come out for it and everything will b sooooo much better. i thought that i seen something somewhere either on a c or somewhere else that there was supposed to b a different rom comming out this weekend but i havent seen or heard anymore about it. if anybody knows if they have could they point me to it iwould b forever greatfull... thx in advance and happy rooting :-)
    ur under the 2.1 firmware version let me know if u get the z4root to work on the 2.2 firmware version please
  8. #8  
    On3wheels's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    ROM
    Depends on my mood

    Default

    If z4 doesn't work try gingerbreak...its another multi device rooter but works on newer releases.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  
    Moscow Desire's Avatar
    Troubleshooter

    Posts
    1,818 Posts
    ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

    Default Re: Huawei ascend rooting

    The best thing, is to find a forum specific to your phone model. There, you'll find methods from other users of your phone. This forum, is usually for just general android questions.

    If you can't find the answer here, just post a note, and we can direct you to a more appropriate place!

Posting Permissions

B