Why won't web pages load?

HogWinslow

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab II that has worked great since I got it. A few days ago it started to run slow, became very "jerky" when sliding between screens and acted like my PC does when it's running out of memory. I cleared out pictures, apps and things I never use. That didn't help. Now today any website that requires a password won't load in right. Pages like paypal and ebay. Their just a garbled mess on the screen. Yet CNN loads fine.

Any ideas on how to fix it? If I take the tablet to "out of the box condition", will that fix it? But how do back up all my apps and data?

Thanks, Tom

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any ideas on how to fix it? If I take the tablet to "out of the box condition", will that fix it? But how do back up all my apps and data?
Helium. (You'll need to download a program to the PC if your tab isn't rooted, but the address is in Helium when it sees that it's running on a phone that's not rooted.)

But before you do that, restart into recovery and clear the cache (DON'T factory reset at this point). Then restart normally (first item on the menu), run Application manager, find your browser (Internet, Chrome, whatever you're using), tap it and tap clear cache. See if those things help before backing up and restoring everything (which you do when there's a good football game on, or if you're the kind who likes to watch paint dry).