Why are pictures not showing up but device storage shows 62MB of pictures/videos?

Davey650

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I can not find any pictures on my friends Samsung Galaxy Young though if you go to settings > storage, under device memory in Pictures, videos it shows 62.4MB. I've plugged it into my computer and browsed through everything but they are no where to be found but she is quite sure that pictures were taken. There is currently no SD card in the phone and doesn't think that one was used previously. Any ideas?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
it is probably cached system pictures or additional media files downloaded for an application. They could be hidden files or buried in an unrelated folder.

Davey650

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I've browsed through all the folders i could find and don't see them. If they're somehow hidden files, how do i "show" them? Also could it be possible that if they were taken while using an SD card and then the card taken out that it would still show them under storage for some reason?

vannylugo

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I've browsed through all the folders i could find and don't see them. If they're somehow hidden files, how do i "show" them? Also could it be possible that if they were taken while using an SD card and then the card taken out that it would still show them under storage for some reason?
Use a file manager or file explorer to find some random folders on your sd card or internal memory and delete them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae