What tablet should I replace my iPad with?

Mezzum

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Choosing 2 Tablets - Wierd Setup

O.k, I am disabled, and basically confined to bed. I use two tablets, one tablet I need for video running Plex, Netflix, Amazon Video, Youtube, and XBMC. Currently, I use an IPad Mini, which doesn't run XBMC.

The second tablet I use for email, messaging, Web and other miscellaneous things, currently using the Nexus 7 (2012).

I need to replace both these tablets. I could see the Nexus 9 replacing the Nexus 7. But I am not sure what to replace the IPad with.

My only requirements really are it must be 16:9, get updates reasonably fast, and be somewhat future proof. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Choosing 2 Tablets - Wierd Setup

The Nexus 9 would be a solid choice for e-mail/web/etc since it has a 4:3 display.

It's 16:10, but the Nvidia Shield Tablet is a good option for movies if you like the size of your iPad Mini (~8"). The only issue is that apart from the Nexus devices there are no real guarantees of updates. Nvidia's only real history with Android devices is the Shield Portable, which received KitKat about 5 months after it was released on the Nexus devices. For comparison, the Galaxy Tab 3 received KitKat closer to 7 months later. But we don't really know how long Nvidia will support the Shield Tablet.

You could also consider getting the Nexus 9 for your "work" tablet and the 2013 Nexus 7 for your "movies" tablet. With it being discontinued you might be able to get a good deal on it. Woot has had some good offers in the past, but you would need to wait for it to come up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith