On my Asus Zenfone 5 (4.3jb) I am getting the error system.ui problem / black home screen root? - noob - can anyone help?

themaskedunit

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
asus zenfone 5 (4.3jb) - system.ui problem / black home screen - root? - noob -

hi all. first post so be gentle lol. so ive taken delivery of my asus zen 5 (very nice) and decided to make the switch back to droid.... however.... there was an app pre-installed that asked if I wanted to clean up certain bloatware from the phone (clean master) and ive obviously wiped something critical from the phone as my display is now black (even though I took my time aswell - d'oh). I can still drag down notifications and go into settings etc but the main home screen/access to apps is just black screen apart from the time/batt percentage etc

at first the phone would load up the asus logo and the loading/busy spiral would be active and that's it, so I accessed the phone by holding up and power, rebooted it to get it going again but if I left the screen inactive too long it would jump back to the asus boot screen, so I had to keep it busy by dragging down and entering settings.

after faffing around I have now managed to get the phone to stay on and com with my laptop. I have unlocked the dev option and also rooted the phone as trying to restore/factory reset just wasnt working so obviously root is the only way back. there is no personal data on it anyway so nothing to lose. the notifications ive had are -

maxx.audio.service has stopped (constant alerts one after the other till force stopped)
android.process.media (randomly about twice)
system.ui (frequent)
com.android.phone (randomly twice)

im led to believe can be resolved around reloading the system.ui.apk / framework-res.apk? if so are there generic downloads for these files and if so what would be the best windows based program to insert then as I don't have to access to apps due to the black screen scenario. or am I way off point?

any help would be much appreciated - ive had a good look online but its a minefield and im not au fait with some lingo people are talking when it gets uber technobuff so be layman when explaining please (im not a total flatline on a laptop and can pick up reasonably quick however). the phone function still works as I got a call earlier which I didnt expect lol so theres still hope yet :)

many thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20