can't get SDK to work... :(

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I am probably posting in the incorrect thread of this forum, and if so I apologize for that. I have been looking all over the internet with no solution to my problem. My phone is currently unrooted, and I wanted to be able to take screen shots of my phone. I came across this http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root and was unable to get the ddms.bat cmd window to stay open. I do not know how many times I've tried, I've even tried right clicking and selecting run as administrator since I am on Vista windows. I have even went as far as getting the HBOOT drivers as well. Got that, tried SDK ddms.bat file again, no go.

I do not know what I am doing wrong. If anyone can please tell me what I am doing wrong, or if I should try something different I would highly appreciate it. I just want to be able to do one simple thing such as take a screen shot of my phone but I am stuck.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
couple of common issues with this:

1. do you have usb debugging enabled on your phone?
2. do you have the up to date drivers for your device installed on your computer?
3. do you have the correct sdk file for the firmware version of android your phone is running?

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes
2. I believe I do, however I've ran into a issue where when I do the HBOOT drivers for some reason when I reboot my phone back up after doing that process the phone switches back to My HTC instead of saying Android Bootloader Interface. It did say it and then once the phone was booted back up it would go directly back to My HTC in the device manager. Maybe this is what is causing the SDK ddms.bat to not work properly?
3. I believe I do, and the firmware version I have is Android version 2.2, Software number 3.26.605.1

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you have htc sync installed? I'm assuming you got a inc?

I did have the HTC Sync installed on my PC, but I completely removed it from my PC and restarted the PC. I even went into the Uninstall programs list and made sure it was uninstalled from there as well before rebooting.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
open windows explorer (winkey +e) and browse to your sdk folder. inside it, SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK on the tools folder and pick open command prompt here.

at the prompt type ddms and hit enter. This way you will see the error and we'll know whats wrong. My money says it's Java related -- ddms starts and runs fine without any drivers, it just doesn't connect.

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Well here's a screen shot of the CMD:

59dda6594bd346108912853.png

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Ah, okay.

Well, answer me this.

Is there a Vista version because in the drop down box for the platform, there is no Vista option... :( :( I can't seem to get ANYTHING to go my way at all.

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I believe I installed this file before, but I will do it again just to be sure.

During the installation steps, is there anything that should be changed or selected specifically?

Shorte85

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Good lord something will go right one way or another. lol I've cancelled the one I was doing, and I am installing the new one you gave me. Maybe this time it will work? Let's hope! lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude