How can I recover a deleted video on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet?

lckosh

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
how can I recover a deleted video on my samsung galaxy tablet

I accidently deleted a video on my samsung tablet how can I recover it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can I recover a deleted video on my samsung galaxy tablet

1) The tablet has to be rooted.

2) You have to install an app that recovers deleted files. (Most of the ones that actually work aren't free.)

3) By writing to the tablet's storage, which rooting and installing apps does, you risk overwriting the very file you're trying to recover. If you think you may delete a file you don't want to delete, and don't want to make sure everything is backed up, root and install an app before the problem occurs.

4) If the file was on the external SD card, turn the tablet off, remove the card, putt it into a USB adapter and plug it into your computer. Then download PhotoRec (it's free, but it's worth a king's ransom), burn it to a disk (CD or DVD) and use it to boot the computer. Tell it to recover files from the SD card and save them to your hard drive. If there's a block of data on the SD card that looks like a video file, PhotoRec will recover it and save it as the type of file it is. (It will probably find a lot of stuff you forgot you once had on the card.)

And no, PhotoRec probably won't work on the internal storage of the tablet. (It won't cause any damage if you try it, though.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma