Is there an app that remedies the no notification light?

SoundsOfSilence

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
LG Tribute no notification light

Just got the LG tribute on Virgin Mobile, and I've found that I have no charging indicator, or indicator light of any kind for that matter.. Anyone know a good app that remedies this issue?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG Tribute no notification light

Try AcDisplay, but you should check your battery status to make sure it's not draining your battery, since it does turn on your screen briefly.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Good to see that there are apps that can help. I ordered a LG Tribute a few days ago. Should have it by Tuesday. Bought it to replace a rooted LG Optimus F3 that for some strange reason, overheated to the point of being useless. I wasn't even running an oc kernel on the thing... anyway, looking forward to my new Tribute.

SoundsOfSilence

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I swapped from an F3 myself, it wasnt overheating quite that badly but it was getting hot fairly often. Usually had to shut it off for a few minutes. The tribute is good so far though, besides the inconvenience of no notification light.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Try AcDisplay, but you should check your battery status to make sure it's not draining your battery, since it does turn on your screen briefly.

I chose this one, as it's a small app, and it happens to have the options I want for notification. The screen stays on about 6-8 seconds, about the same as turning on the lock screen to check the clock. It's also donationware, which I love. Will definitely give the dev a few $ for making the app. :)

David J3

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
No app is necessary. Go into Accessibility (from settings)... then

-go into Hearing and turn on flash alerts.... then

-turn on Persistent Notification

ta da!