Why have my Bookmarks on my Galaxy Tab 3 disappeared after an update?

Trish Grummett

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Bookmarks on Galaxy Tab 3 disappeared after update

In order to get my bookmarks onto Tab 3, it was necessary for me to download Chrome on my laptop, then under Sync Settings, I checked the box "everything". Then I synced the tab and the bookmarks came over. After an update, the bookmarks have all gone. How can I get them back permanently? I am not using Chrome as my default browser on the laptop. Could that be the problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bookmarks on Galaxy Tab 3 disappeared after update

If you were using Chrome on your tablet, the bookmarks should be there as long as you synced them with your Google account, which by the sound of it, you did since that's how you got them in the first place. However, those bookmarks would only show on Chrome AND synced to your Google account. The stock browser on your tablet or any other browser on PC would not sync to that. The stock browser on your tablet, however, can sync to Samsung's account in case you have a few Sammy devices.

You could try downloading Chrome to your PC, signing in with your Google account and see if your Tab bookmarks show up on your PC (they should if they were synced).

Trish Grummett

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

All the bookmarks have mysteriously appear again. It's actually hubby's tablet and he is taking it down south and will freak if the bookmarks disappear. Do you think I should default browser on PC and tablet to Chrome to avoid this happening again?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You really shouldn't have to. I mean, sure, if you don't use Chrome and you add a bookmark, it won't get synced to your PC or tablet unless you are using Chrome, but once the bookmarks are there, they shouldn't just disappear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol