Why are my picture messages not going through?

jeshica

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes (most of the time) when I send a picture message, the picture won't show up for the recipient. It says the message was sent but the other person only gets a black box with an x or something like that.
My boyfriend has the same exact phone as me (samsung galaxy s5) but when I send him a picture I took or a screenshot, he only gets a black box.
Is there a way to fix this? :/

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes (most of the time) when I send a picture message, the picture won't show up for the recipient. It says the message was sent but the other person only gets a black box with an x or something like that.
My boyfriend has the same exact phone as me (samsung galaxy s5) but when I send him a picture I took or a screenshot, he only gets a black box.
Is there a way to fix this? :/

Make sure that both devices are fully updated by going into system settings - about phone - software updates. If that's not working, then check the settings to compress mms of too large. There should be something in the settings of the messaging app.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Search for the maximum mms size for <your carrier> (or call them and ask). A picture larger than that size will either be compressed (badly) or not sent at all, depending on the carrier. If the text with the link to the picture is sent (that's how a picture is actually sent), but the picture isn't, and there's just a blank, zero-size file sitting there, the recipient will get a blank "picture".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital