Broken Screen question, where can I find my contacts?

RobRow

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Here's what I've got:
Galaxy S4 with broken screen, USB debugging not set - since the screen is broken I don' see anyway to set it on.
The phone runs however, and I can access it from windows, from where I can see two directories, CARD and PHONE and many sub directories under these.
So I've been able to copy all my photos from the phone, whihc is great, but I'd also like to grab the CONTACTS file, but can't locate it.

Does anyone know where it can be found, or have any other ideas how to access the contacts?

Possibly there may be files that Windows is not showing me, even though I'v "show hidden files" on in my windows folder options ?

RobRow

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, it was as easy that, Kies!
This isn't my phone, I'm helping out a friend; I backup my own phone to my PC.
As for using google backup, I don't approve of storing personal information out there in the cloud. Privacy of data in the cloud doesn't exist.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As for using google backup, I don't approve of storing personal information out there in the cloud. Privacy of data in the cloud doesn't exist.

That's certainly a person's prerogative, but then it's incumbent on him or her to make sure data is constantly backed up, because you never know when a piece of tech will fail. We see way too many posts here from people who lament having lost their irreplaceable baby photos or their important documents because the only place they were ever stored was their now-bricked phone.