How can I send and receive picture text on a Samsung Galaxy Mega is SGH i527?

Darnetha Harris

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
how can I send and receive picture text on a samsung galaxy mega is SGH i527

Everything else on my phone works perfectly fine the only thing I cannot do is send and or receive picture texts please help me

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can I send and receive picture text on a samsung galaxy mega is SGH i527

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you have mobile data (3G/4G) on? What carrier are you using?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can I send and receive picture text on a samsung galaxy mega is SGH i527

If texzt works but pictures don't, there are two things to chedk:

1) The APN settings on the phone, particularly the MMS settings in the APN. Those are the ones used to send and receive pictures (as opposed to short texts). (If you don't know how to do that [it's in Settings/Connections/More networks/Mobile networks/Access Point Names - then your carrier], take the phone to the carrier's store and ask them if they can set the MMS settings in the APN for you. [Don't be surprised if a salesperson doesn't know what you're talking about - there should be at least one technical employee who can perform such a simple task. I'd give you the settings, but each carrier has its own, so you can Google APN settings <your carrier> (without the brackets).])

2) The size of the pictures. Each carrier has its own size limit for MMS (which is the protocol used to send pictures). Any picture larger than that is, depending on the carrier, either compressed to the point of uselessness, or sent as a blank "picture" (usually black).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol