Why is my Verizon Galaxy S doing this?

Leah_5206

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay so last night i randomly started getting non stop messages saying apps weren't working and to foreclose them. The time between the ones i already closed and new ones would be about a second. I couldn't do anything, not even swipe to another screen. Eventually i figured out holding down the home button to recent applications and went into task manager. I deleted Google Play Services, considering thats what most of what the foreclosures were from. This helped a little. I still kept getting forclose messages from apps such as Calender. Eventually i went into the recovery on my phone and went to the fourth option, clear something, i can't remember what it was called, and then rebooted normally. The foreclose messages kept coming so i figured my only other option was to factory reset my phone. Ever since then, i have been stuck in a boot loop and don't know how to get out. I now managed to get the downloading mode (Downloading...Do not turn off target!!!) But have been stuck on this screen and have been afraid to take out the battery. Help please! I have no idea what to do next and frankly am afraid to touch my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ever since then, i have been stuck in a boot loop and don't know how to get out.
The easiest way is to bring it to a Verizon store that does tech work (it'll usually be in the back of the store, hidden away) and ask them if they can get it booting again. Tell them that y9ou just did a factory reset and this happened.

I now managed to get the downloading mode (Downloading...Do not turn off target!!!) But have been stuck on this screen and have been afraid to take out the battery.
What it means is that once you've started downloading something to the phone, which you do from that screen (a new ROM, a new keyboard, etc.), you shoudn't turn off the phone. If you're still in that screen, hold the power button down until the phone does something, then let it go. It should restart. See if it restarts normally or goes back into the boot loop. If it's the boot loop, see above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC