Why can't I connect to Google Play on my home wifi?

bzbee

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Cant connect to google play on home wifi

Hi there (I hope this is the correct place to ask this question)
My Galaxy s3 can't connect to any of the google services (google play etc, cant get the email from the google mail app) from my home wifi.
It connects just fine on my data plan just fine and on my friends wifi and pretty much every other wifi i try it on.
Chrome works just fine and I can browse the interwebs, other apps work e.g. dropbox etc but just nothing that hits the google services area.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what i might need to change on my home wifi router ?

cheers

Buzz

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cant connect to google play on home wifi

Something very weird that I found, and it might pertain to your situation. (I can't troubleshoot it, because the manufacturer, who used to be more interested in selling a good product than becoming a Fortune 1 company was bought by the other type, and they don't care if you have a problem. And there's no DD-WRT or Tomato for it.)

If your router allows a guest account, set it up (and give it a different name than the regular account). Then connect the phone to the guest account (you'll probably have to use a password for it, and when you try to use it, your browser will come up with the router's password page - use the guest account password.) I don't know why, but my main account is so slow that Facebook never updates - but the guest account works fine. (I may be buying a new router - from a different manufacturer - one of these days.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki