Is there a keyboard that I can download for the Portuguese language?

brenoaf

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Use keyboard layout with another language

Hi,

I have one Moto X 2014. My language is Portuguese, so I frequently use cedilla (ç). Unfortunately, Android doesn´t have this key (I don´t know why) like we have in ABNT2 keyboard standard. So I found a Catalan keyboard which is exactly the Portuguese keyboard with "ç". But when I try to use this keyboard, Android change my write language to Catalan. Do I have a way to use Catalan layout but keep writing in Potuguese?

Thanks

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Use keyboard layout with another language

Most major third-party keyboards offer Portuguese.....Swiftkey, Fleksy, Minuum

brenoaf

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I would like to use native keyboard. It serves me well. The only cons is the lack of key "ç".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Language & Input, and tap the settings icon next to your keyboard. If you're using Google Keyboard (or if the stock Moto keyboard is similar), then tap Languages, uncheck System Language, and look to see if Portuguese is available in that list. Check it on. If you still want an English option, keep English checked on as well. Now when you bring up the keyboard, you should see the language displayed on the space bar. To switch from English to Portuguese, long-press the space bar, then select Portuguese.

brenoaf

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi Diddy. Thanks for your comments.
I did this but my point is, can I set the keyboard layout to one language, but write the words in another language? I want to use only the layout (position of keys) of a foreign keyboard.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure if that's possible. The only thing I can suggest is go to Settings>Language & Input, and set the default system language (not the keyboard language) to Portuguese, and then tap the settings icon next to your keyboard and set the keyboard language to Catalan.

brenoaf

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Hi Diddy, Unfortunately, by this way it´s not possible. I will try another suggestions.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol