I Can't connect to my play store?

benmcfc123

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
i recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy mega 6.3 the phone works perfectly apart form the fact I can't connect to the play store. I am running android 4.4.2 and have spent the past hour talking to the Google tech support that didn't really know what she was on about :( I have tried the 2 step verification and changing the time. Please help I've spent the past week trying to figure out what's wrong can you let me know if anyone else is having or had this problem and if anyone knows what's wrong please let me know what to do thanks ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact error message you're getting? Does it occur on both wi-fi and mobile data? If it happens on wi-fi, does it matter which network (home vs work vs public)?

Have you tried going to Settings>Accounts, removing your Google account, then adding it back again?

Also, go to Google Wallet on the web and log in. Do you have a valid credit card associated with your Wallet? I'm actually not sure if this matters, but I've heard of some issues in the past that seem related.

benmcfc123

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response the message says couldn't sign in there was a problem connecting to the Google servers please try again later. Also it won't let me add a google account as it says the same thing also the Google wallet didn't work but thanks for the idea. The error occurs on both mobile data and wifi

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I had problems for a week connecting a new email app to a Google account - same thing, can't connect to the servers. This evening, not only no problem, nut a faster connection than I've seen in a long time. Google may be rolling out a change, or it's close to Halloween or it's the innate perversity of inanimte objects (the computer equivalent to the medical "idopathic cause" - both meaning "we have no clue").

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781