Waking my LG Tribute, and sound volume warning

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I love my newly acquired LG Tribute from Virgin Mobile. However, I want to turn off screen tapping. That is, a couple of quick taps can turn on the phone from sleep. This is different from using the knock code; I don't use that. I still prefer using a pattern as the passcode for my phone.

I'd guess that LG's higher end models also have this feature. So, for the ten people (including myself) that have the Tribute, and others that have a recent LG phone... is there any way to turn this off? By the way, I don't see anything for development options for this phone at all, unless it's some hidden dialer code I don't know anything about.

I also would like to turn back on the initial warning about putting the sound volume up too high. I realized that it can act as a limiter to keep the volume level from going wonky. The dialog box goes something like 'Would you like to turn up the volume? Going beyond the set limit may cause hearing damage.' Click OK, and the volume limiter is turned off. I'm wary of having to factory reset the phone, but if I had to do that, I might be okay with it as I've had the Tribute just a few days. I could always use one of my backups if I needed to reset it. Again, maybe a dialer code could fix this, so I don't have to reset the whole thing. Having the limiter on can certainly save a little battery, as a user is discouraged from going too high with the volume.

Any advice would be welcome.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Waking up the phone from sleep with a double tap of the screen is Knock Code. See page 7 of the manual to see how to access the settings: http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/lgtribute-en.pdf

I don't think you can get rid of the volume warning, unless you root the phone. Sometimes, these warnings disappear after a while, so maybe that will happen for you.

I haven't set a knock code. My phone is set to unlock using a pattern. What I said in my first post is exactly as is, no knock code is used.

The new warning after disabling the initial one that pops up is a green dialog box that says: "If you listen at high volume levels for long periods, hearing damage can occur." There's no prompt to hit OK or Cancel when that one pops up. Not sure I want to root my Tribute ATM. I can't root as there doesn't seem to be anything out there to crack this phone... most folks are looking at stump root to get that done, over at xda.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, go to Settings>Gestures, and see if there's a setting there to wake the screen up with the double tap. It looks like that Knock Code option I was referring to was to actually unlock to the home screen, as you reiterated. But there may be a separate setting to actually wake the screen up with a double tap, that brings up the lockscreen (and not the homescreen). This is the case with the HTC One M8, and that setting is under Gestures, which is why I suggest the above.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as the "If you listen at high volume ..." thing, that's probably what's called a toast, a notice that stays up for a few seconds then disappears. If you want to turn it off, you'll probably have to root. (Or you could just ignore it - btw, it's telling you the truth, sound for long periods, not even at very high volumes, can damage your hearing. And hearing aids aren't good fashion accessories, and they don't work as well as good ears (and, after wearing even a comfortable one for a few hours, it becomes annoying).

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as the "If you listen at high volume ..." thing, that's probably what's called a toast, a notice that stays up for a few seconds then disappears. If you want to turn it off, you'll probably have to root. (Or you could just ignore it - btw, it's telling you the truth, sound for long periods, not even at very high volumes, can damage your hearing. And hearing aids aren't good fashion accessories, and they don't work as well as good ears (and, after wearing even a comfortable one for a few hours, it becomes annoying).

Lol got it! Was just concerned about volume being too low if I hook up the phone to another device, or if I am using powered speakers.

Rev Giovano Fusco

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I to want to disable the volume warning n it changing volume to a lower level I am very hard of hearing n use a wired headset to listen to music n talk with people n need volume at it's highest all the time, so want to disable warning n find a way to lock volume in place...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance