Benefit to having 2 Incredibles vs. Incredible/Fascinate?

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone - about to upgrade my wife to either an Incredible or Fascinate. I have a DInc and love it. In her limited 'play time' at Verizon, she was really drawn to the awesome screen on the Fascinate and the fact that it looks 'a little more' like her friends' IPhones.. I don't want to pick one for her, I just want to make sure that it would still have the same advantages of having two of the same phone, specifically Google integration. Since I'm going to be teaching her how to use this phone, likely, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

So would it be much different? Would it be worth it to get the Fascinate?

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

Will I be able to get past 'screen size envy' since her phone would be a little bigger :p

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate doesn't come with the "Google Experience" like your Incrediable does. You can still have Google Maps, and you still login to your Google account so you sync with Calendar, e-mail and contacts. The default search is Bing, but my work-around is to set my browser home page to Google, and add a shortcut on one of my home screens. You can root and take care of that issue too.

The other big difference is the Fascinate UI. It uses TouchWiz, and there are no similarities to HTC Sense. I like the TouchWiz though. It's really iPhone like, especially the way the apps have that horizontal scroll.

I think the biggest advantage to getting the Fascinate is if you like it better, you can always trade with her :p

My girlfriend has the X, which has a slightly larger screen than my Fascinate, but my Fascinate screen is awesome so there is no size envy at all.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a now 2 DInc household - Family Bliss is the best thing about having 2 DInc's! ;)

But sreiously, my wife likes toys but does not like hacking to get them. So every time I make mine do something hers can't I get "Make mine do that!"

If she had a Fascinate I may or may not be able to do that! ;)